A few years ago, I went to a stamp show with my scrapbook buddy, LaVie, and we took a card class from Art Gone Wild using dies that created pop-ups really quick. Of course, I bought them, and never used them. Eureka! I'll use them for the invitations! I ran the die through my Epic6 machine, then adhered the ends to make the bases for the pop-up. The die is cool, because it scores where you need to fold the paper, and has varying sizes and widths on one die. I used heavy, textured, card stock, and I have to say that it was a bit hard to see the scoring on the textured paper, but I worked it out.
|The strips before being folded and adhered|
For the front of the invite, I applied a strip of the wasai tape to the bottom, right up to the decorate edge. Then, I adhered the zebra paper to the top, finishing it off with a few pieces of rafia between the wasai tape and the paper so no seams showed.
I inked the entire card around the edges with some blue ink inside and outside.
I wanted the title to go with the theme, so I chose "We're Wild With Joy," using various sticker letters, outlining the black ones with a white pen so they popped off the patterned paper.
For the inside of the card, I attached three of the pop-up bases inside the card. I cut out jungle leaves using my Cricut, outling it with a white pen. A piece of rafia tied around one of the bases to bring it all together. I used sticker letters for "boy" until I ran out and then cut out letters with my Cricut.