Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ribbon & Bling - Ain't Nothin' But A Thing!

Another new challenge blog, Dream Valley.  Dream Valley is a ribbon emporium - which is great because I use ribbon on my projects all the time and am always on the look out for creative new uses for it.  This challenge required that we use ribbon and bling - two of my favorite embellishments.  Such an easy way to make your page just a bit more fabulous - add some bling, some ribbon - maybe a ribbon with a bling ribbon slide?  Perfection.

In this project, I used a 7 Gypsies printer tray, Crate Paper's "Random" collection and my personal stock of assorted ribbon, bling & buttons.  Ribbon is used in two places: on the handle I used some light blue dotted ribbon; and in the bottom left of the tray I stuffed some pink rose ribbon into one of the slots.  I just love how it came out.

Bling is used is one or two slots on the tray, along with some buttons and metal embellishments.  I enjoyed scrapping outside of the box with this project.  These trays are a great way display scrapping without the album.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're really great at the tray thing! I have 2 and haven't touched em yet. I wanted to do Disney ones but its been too long since the trip. How do you get the paper to be the right size in all the little openings?

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the tray - a little something different and a cheaper alternative to making an entire album as a gift. As to the sizes, I just did the old precise finger nail technique (take a scrap, place it over the slot, use my finger nail to mark where I wanted to cut). I know that might not work for you cause you're very particular, but it worked for me! It might be hard to tell from the photos, but I elevated some of the paper/photos on foam squares just to have some layers going on.

    ReplyDelete