Sunday, February 16, 2014

Unconditional Love

Coming to you with another CSI challenge.  Case File No. 110 to be precise.  The photo they used for the "scene" was just the cutest -- few pups dressed up in their furry finest.  And you know I love my babies, so a pet-themed page was calling!


At first I freaked out when I saw the color scheme: brown, black, white, ecru, corn yellow?  Not my usual cup of tea, as I like bright colors and patterns.  I made an emergency trip to Michael's craft store to try to find something, nothing caught my fancy - but I managed to spend $60 on other things... kill me.  (I did NEED replacement blades and cutting mats for my Cricut machine and they aren't cheap.  I was all excited because there was a coupon for 30% off die cutting machines and accessories - of course when I got in line it isn't valid on Cricut.  Seriously?  I mean, what else do you have die cute wise Michael's?  Annoying.  Anyway, I digress, it all turned out well.)

When I got home I dug through some old hoarded paper packs and found the Hang 10 collection from BasicGrey - my absolute FAVORITE scrapbook manufacturer.  I think I've had this pack for over 10 years, and with all my BasicGrey collections, I start freaking out when it gets low and start rationing it out to myself until I find some more to beef up my collections by hitting up the conventions, troving ebay and hitting the clearance section of all the online scrapbook stores.  See?  I used it!  I hoard for a reason!






For the evidence, I used feathers, pet accents, sheer ribbon, sheer buttons, some ribbon, a cute metal tag, "love" tag from Studio Calico, thickers, and I even used some of that glitter spray.  I'm not a big fan of how glitter spray turns out on my pages.  It always looks cute when I see it on the blogosphere, but I feel that mine looks like someone dropped something on it... it wasn't too bad this time, but still not a big fan.


There was also a sketch to follow, which I didn't notice until after I did the page - but it must've been kismet because the sketch I found on pinterest that I used as inspiration was very similar to the one for this challenge - crisis averted.   (I once did a challenge thinking it was an entire different paper collection than the one required... so, yeah).

My baby boy, Tyrone, was the subject of my page.  Since I rescued him a few months ago, it is like we were always together.  He loves me unconditionally and is always trying to let me know by following me everywhere, always wagging his tail, barking at anyone who comes close that he doesn't know, letting me know that he is happy with his new home by acting like everything in it belongs to him and sleeping at my feet.  He is a babilicious babe though!  To meet the challenge requirements I had to journal from his perspective, that was a nice change.

Another page done, and I can live with the colors - thanks CSI!



No comments:

Post a Comment