Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Productive Day!

Today was a productive one in terms of scrapbooking for me.  I created three different layouts, for three different events!  Hello!  I know people who spend an 8-hour crop on one layout!  No pressure, okay - but that is a bit too long!  No matter what you do, it can only be better than a plain, undocumented photo!  You can't go wrong in scrapbooking is my moto!  So don't obsess, if you aren't having fun why are you scrapbooking?

So yeah, I'm feeling good about doing a few layouts on a lazy Saturday, with an afternoon nap thrown in there to boot.



First, is a layout of my niece and I at Santa Fe Pride.  Unlike the Pride Parades in Washington, DC or Philadelphia, this one was so short I scrambled to get my camera out and didn't get any decent shots!  Too funny, I have to remember I'm not in a big city anymore!  But we still had some nice shots of us hanging around the plaza.  I used a My Mind's Eye collection, "Collectable," along with a chipboard butterfly, a bit of bling, and some random flowers from my stash.  The pictures are arranged in a pinwheel design, simple but cute.  One down!

Next up was a layout style that I don't usually do - the one photo.  The picture of my baby boy, Tyrone, was so cute that I had it printed as a 5x7 and felt it could handle the one photo per layout style.  Who only takes one photo of an event?  I don't like having to choose, that is why multi-photo layouts are my style of choice.  The single style works here, he is so cute right?  For this layout,

I used another My Mind's Eye collection, "Lush," which perfectly describes the elements of the collection.  The paper is thick and creamy, with a beautiful navy velvet design; and velvet rick rack ribbon.  I used some BasicGrey sticker letters from my stash to create the title, and outlined it with a navy glitter pen.  The swirls were cut with my Cricut, using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  That cartridge is the bomb, it is so versatile, I've used it to create accents for so many different layouts.  Two down!



My last layout of the day is a two-page spread, my personal favorite, with lots of photos!  I used BasicGrey's "Indie Bloom" collection for this layout and visited Pinterest for some sketch inspiration, man I love that site.  I found some old school BasicGrey velvet ribbon that I've hard for a long-time!  I love using old stash, but then I panic because I know that I probably won't find anymore of it!  These pics are from my good friend Ashley's graduation.  So proud of her.  This layout was done after my nap, sometimes you need to re-charge your creative batteries!  Third layout is the charm.

So yep, I spent my Saturday scrapping and napping, and I'm pretty excited about it!  Now I am sipping on a cocktail, listening to the PBS special about the Roosevelts, and writing this blog entry.  Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment