Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fun at the State Fair

A few weeks ago, I went to the New Mexico State Fair and had a great time.  I don't do rides, but enjoyed the performers, the food, the shopping, the exhibits, the lights.

After the fair, I was inspired to make a fair-themed mini album.  And what a great opportunity to use an awesome collection from October Afternoon, "Midway."  The colors and the design are spot on. The combination of photo-realistic pages and non photo-realistic (what is the real term for that) was perfect.  I bought this collection a few months ago, not because I knew I was going to the fair, but because it was a great deal at scrapbooksteals.com.  Which just proves my scrapbook purchasing theory - go ahead and buy it, because you'll never know when you'll need it!  Which contributes to my hoard, but I digress.  Super cute collection right?  And I only paid $25 for the entire thing.  Bargain.




From yet another bargain collection, I used a chipboard mini album from Maya Road that I got when I purchased their warehouse sale mystery box a few months back.  Also a great bargain.  For $50 I got over $175 in product varying from albums, ribbon, flowers, metal things, and more.  If there is another warehouse mystery box sale, I highly recommend you go for it.





So, I covered all of the pages of the chipboard in paper, using 3M paper glue.  Sanded and painted the edges and then went to town using all of the fun embellishments that came with the collection.  I just love how it turned out.  So much so that I'm torn on whether I should keep it or give it to my friend for her photos as I originally planned.  What?  It's cute.  There was so much of the collection though that there is enough for 2 albums!  Problem solved.




No comments:

Post a Comment